· Review the equipment within the facility to determine the efficiency of the layout and use of equipment.
· Review of Layout of existing processing, storage, production and support equipment for maximum use of space and resources.
· Analysis of Ambient temperature conditions and distribution control.
· Monitor Cooling within the racks including temperature entering and leaving the hardware.
· Fresh air makeup and/or supply from building system
· Evaluation of Air-flow patterns (temperature and humidity), including air-flow velocity and distribution to and through cabinets, and potential for minimizing energy usage.
· Efficiency and Reliability of Cooling, Humidification Control and heating equipment.
· Determination of actual Heat loads throughout the facility, including cold and hot aisle loads, and cross-contamination.
· Airborne particles (count and analysis).
· Air-conditioning filtration.
· Air-conditioning plant (internal to computer room and support elements remote to data center).
· Review of Ducting for supply air, return air, and make-up air.
· Ceiling void, floor void and interstitial surfaces.
· Contamination within space, including hardware, storage library, and review of air pressure to control contaminates.
· Examination of Fire detection and protection for uptime reliability and protection.
· Determination of Water leakage notification and control conditions and requirements.
EXISTING FACILITY ENVIRONMENT - TECHNICAL AUDIT
· Review of the entire center power supply for efficiency and reliability.
· Investigation of the support backup power systems, including analysis of single paths of failure.
· Examination of Static electricity potential at processing equipment.
· Study Harmonics/nonlinear loading and control.
· Assessment of Grounding systems, both for the processing equipment and for the entire electrical distribution system.
· Review of power distribution systems loading and multi-path distribution, including elimination of single points of failure.
· Review of the building surge protection, from the entrance point to the equipment racks.
· Inspection of the media storage areas for protection against fire and other hazards.
· Review the building structure including seismic and fire protection, as well as equipment Stability.
· Study of magnetic fields including EMI due to outside and inside influences.
· Review Noise and Vibration levels which might influence operations of the facility and equipment.
· Signal Strength and Routing and Potential Interference
· Study of Light levels and efficiency.
· Analysis of Gas contamination, including in the Battery rooms.
· Examination of Equipment and Rack Stability
The following Real Time Monitoring is available if required:
· Power survey
· Air-condition survey.
· Thermal Patterns Surveys
The following is a list of items available as a service provided by C/TEC in a technical audit of existing technical facilities.